Interview Questions and Answers 2

 1. Self Introduction and Background:

  • Question: How would you briefly describe yourself?

  • Answer: I am an IT professional with diverse skills, especially in web development and AI.

  • Question: What are you looking to achieve from an internship?

  • Answer: I want to gain IT work experience in Australia, particularly in web development and AI industries.

  • Question: Can you tell me about your Hong Kong IT educational background?

  • Answer: Some government educational institutions in Hong Kong often co-organize university degrees with British universities. I received an offer from VTC Peak for a "Professional Diploma in Game Development ITS87" in 2006. This diploma connects to the Bachelor of Science with Honours in Creative Technologies overseas. Also, I was provided an offer of a British Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing by VTC Shape in 2014.

  • Question: Why did you change Hong Kong IT schools frequently?

  • Answer: I changed my work location several times during 2001-2015, which led to me switching IT schools.

2. Skills and Experience:

  • Question: Can you tell me about some of the skills and abilities you could bring to the internship?

  • Answer: I am proficient in Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Oracle, Express Js, Nodejs, MySQL, and C#. I have AI programming experience using Python. In Hong Kong, I worked on a Windows Mobile 6.5 platform app and maintained a Java web application. I also have several years of experience with Asp.net webform 2.0 C# in web development.

  • Question: Please describe a recent project you have worked on.

  • Answer: I have worked on several projects. One was about New Database approaches using secure multiparty computation(SMC) technologies. Another project used machine learning to predict the stock market during COVID-19, focusing on regression and LSTM. I also developed a website called Ordertable using Node Js, Express Js, and MySQL.

3. Challenges and Setbacks:

  • Question: Please give an example of when you set high standards for yourself and worked hard to achieve them.

  • Answer: [To be answered by the candidate.]

  • Question: What challenges have you faced in the Australian job market?

  • Answer: I'm unfamiliar with the Australian work culture and face language barriers due to my limited English fluency. This has posed challenges in my job search.

  • Question: Why are you looking for a job later than other graduates?

  • Answer: In recent months, I had to deal with moving houses, health issues after vaccination, and banking problems, which delayed my job search.

4. Preferences and Logistics:

  • Question: What are your thoughts on remote work?

  • Answer: I am open to remote job opportunities. If there are companies offering remote positions, I would like to be informed.

  • Question: Have you been vaccinated?

  • Answer: Yes, I've taken two vaccines in March.

  • Question: What are your salary expectations?Answer: I am flexible when it comes to salary negotiations.





Card 1:

Question

Answer

How would you briefly describe yourself?

I am an IT professional with diverse skills in web development and AI.


Card 2:

Question

Answer

What are you looking to achieve from an internship?

I want to gain IT work experience in Australia, particularly in web development and AI industries.

Card 3:

Question

Answer

Can you tell me about your educational background?

Some government educational institutions in Hong Kong often co-organize university degrees with British universities. I received an offer from VTC Peak for a "Professional Diploma in Game Development ITS87" in 2006. This diploma connects to the Bachelor of Science with Honours in Creative Technologies overseas. Also, I was provided an offer of a British Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing by VTC Shape in 2014.

Card 4:

Question

Answer

Why did you change Hong Kong IT schools frequently?

I changed my work location several times during 2001-2015, which led to me switching IT schools.

Card 5:

Question

Answer

Can you tell me about some of the skills and abilities you could bring to the internship?

I am proficient in Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Oracle, Express Js, Nodejs, MySQL, and C#. I have AI programming experience using Python. In Hong Kong, I worked on a Windows Mobile 6.5 platform app and maintained a Java web application. I also have several years of experience with Asp.net webform 2.0 C# in web development.

Card 6:

Question

Answer

Please describe a recent project you have worked on.

I have worked on several projects. One was about New Database approaches using secure multiparty computation(SMC) technologies. Another project used machine learning to predict the stock market during COVID-19, focusing on regression and LSTM. I also developed a website called Ordertable using Node Js, Express Js, and MySQL.

Card 7:

Question

Answer

Please give an example of when you set high standards for yourself and worked hard to achieve them.

[To be answered by the candidate.]

Card 8:

Question

Answer

What challenges have you faced in the Australian job market?

I'm unfamiliar with the Australian work culture and face language barriers due to my limited English fluency. This has posed challenges in my job search.

Card 9:

Question

Answer

Why are you looking for a job later than other graduates?

In recent months, I had to deal with moving houses, health issues after vaccination, and banking problems, which delayed my job search.

Card 10:

Question

Answer

What are your thoughts on remote work?

I am open to remote job opportunities. If there are companies offering remote positions, I would like to be informed.

Card 11:

Question

Answer

Have you been vaccinated?

Yes, I've taken two vaccines in March.

Card 12:

Question

Answer

What are your salary expectations?

I am flexible when it comes to salary negotiations.








Question

Answer

How would you briefly describe yourself?

Leveraging my 9 years of experience in various tech stacks, I bring enthusiasm, adaptability, and creativity to my role. My strong academic foundation from the University of Adelaide, combined with my on-ground industry experience, positions me as a valuable tech asset for any organization.

What are you looking to achieve from an internship?

I am aiming to acquire hands-on IT experience in Australia, particularly in web development and AI sectors. This internship will provide a platform to apply my theoretical knowledge in a real-world context.

Can you detail your proficiency with Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, and Oracle in creating websites?

With 3 years of experience in Java, Spring MVC, and Hibernate, I've developed web-service functionalities and maintained web applications focusing on cache servers on the Red Hat OS.

You mentioned using Express Js, Nodejs, and MySQL for website development. Can you expand on this?

One of my recent web projects, "Ordertable," was developed using Node Js, Express Js, and MySQL. This platform facilitates table bookings at restaurants and employs responsive design techniques for various devices.

How do you apply your AI knowledge, specifically using Python?

I've undertaken projects like predicting stock market trends during COVID-19 using machine learning, specifically regression and LSTM.

What did your job entail at Automated Systems (HK) Limited?

I was responsible for developing web-service functionalities using Java for PDAs, especially for the Windows Mobile 6.5 platform using C#. Additionally, I managed Java web applications, emphasizing cache servers operating on the Red Hat OS.

Describe a time when you set high standards for yourself and worked hard to meet them.

During my tenure at Automated Systems (HK) Limited, I developed a PIDS-PDA application with DDD architecture for the Hong Kong Department Of Health, showcasing my commitment to delivering high-standard solutions.

Talk about the "Bachelor of Science with Honours in Creative Technologies" degree.

VTC Peak provided me an offer to pursue the "Professional Diploma in Game Development ITS87," which connects to the Bachelor of Science with Honours in Creative Technologies abroad. This pathway gave me the chance to study abroad, increasing my global exposure in the field.

Can you discuss your "Honours in Computing" degree?

After acquiring my Bachelor of Science with Honours in Creative Technologies, I aimed to study the final year of the Bachelor of Science with Honours in Computing. VTC Shape accepted my application in 2014, signifying my continued quest for academic excellence.

Describe a recent project or portfolio you've completed.

I recently studied New Database approaches, focusing on user permissions, access rights, privacy-preserving storage, and secret sharing using secure multiparty computation technologies.

Have you faced any challenges recently that might affect your job search?

In the recent months, I had to deal with moving houses, post-vaccination discomfort, and bank account issues, which delayed my job search. While I'm earnestly seeking opportunities, my unfamiliarity with Australian work culture and English proficiency challenges have been obstacles.

How do you view salary negotiations?

I'm flexible when it comes to salary negotiations. My primary focus is to gain valuable IT experience in Australia, and I believe in proving my worth.

Are you open to remote working positions?

Yes, I am open to remote working opportunities. Given the current circumstances, I believe remote working offers a good balance between work and personal commitments.

Describe your role and achievements at TIM EDPlatform Ltd.

As an Analyst Programmer, I independently developed web applications using ASP.NET WebForm 2.0 C#. One of my significant achievements was developing a C# window application with server-client design for a library system.

How would you apply your skills in the AI industry in Australia?

With a major in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Adelaide and practical experience in predicting stock market trends using machine learning, I aim to contribute to AI projects that drive innovation and add business value.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use Visual Studio Code to debug ReactJS application

Github Link & Web application demonstration on YouTube

Java Interview Questions and Answers 1.0